The Liebster Award
Thank you Rachel for nominating me for a Liebster Award! I really appreciate it! Love your blog! 🙂 The Liebster award is passed within the blogging community to share appreciation for your favourite blogs and learn more about our fellow bloggers.
Here are my answers to Rachel’s questions. 🙂
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as a sort of New Year’s resolution. I love travelling and feel completely in my element venturing into the world. I try to retain that feeling and try to find a way to incorporate it in my daily life. Travelling makes me happy and by blogging about it, that feeling of happiness comes back.
2. What’s your favourite topic to write about?
New Zealand. What a surprise! Laid back country with friendly people and absolutely stunning nature. Food for the soul.
3. What was the very first trip you took, and how old were you?
My very first solo trip was to Denmark when I was 20. I went on a working holiday picking strawberries on the island of Samsø. I was so overwhelmed at first, but ended up making friends and enjoying myself.
4. Which destination would you not go back to, and why?
Twizel, New Zealand. Goodness, I just hated being there. I didn’t like the town, I didn’t like the hostel, I didn’t like the vibe of the place. I went there to do a tour to a LOTR location, but the prices were ridiculous and I didn’t go. I really feel I wasted those days.
5. What’s the best view you’ve ever had? Show us a pic!
Just one? Help, that is so hard! Generally, the best views for me have lots of interesting landscape features, beautiful colours, coloured cloudy sky. Views that make me go ‘wooaaaah’ and take my breath away. Oh and I love views with water, heck I just love water! I’ve posted the photos before and they are definetly among my favourites:
6. What can we watch out for on your blog in the next few months?
Obviously, more photos! I also have some travel stories up my sleeve that I just need to pen down and post. I’m also thinking about adding another category. I’ve recently bought a new backpack and thought it would be a cool idea to blog about outdoor gear. I’m a total geek when it comes to outdoor things!
7. Give us an unknown tidbit of travelling trivia?
There’s a Niagara Falls in New Zealand. Google it and you’ll laugh.
8. Which book has been most inspirational for you?
There are several books that I could describe as inspirational. But off the top of my head and fitting the travelling theme, I would say ‘The Alchemist’ by Paulo Coelho. The main character in the book travels the world in search of a treasure, only to discover the treasure is right there where he lived all along. Just goes to show you have everything you need to be happy in life, you just have to realise it and find a way to make it work out. That ties in beautifully with my reason for blogging.
9. What destination is top of your wish list?
This is so hard, how can I pick just one? So I won’t ;-). My top three in no particular order: Alaska, Mongolia, Iceland.
10. If you had to pick one country to stay in for the rest of your life, which would you choose and why?
New Zealand. It’s such a beautiful country with space to breathe. I love this country so much.
For my Liebster Award nomination, I have chosen three of my favourite blogs.
The Alaskan Life
I’m fascinated by Alaska and love learning more about it. Lexi is very knowledgeable and shares interesting stories and tidbits of Alaskan Life. Check out some of her posts: city life, northern lights, intrastate pipeline.
Here are my questions for you:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your favourite topic to write about?
- What advice can you give to other bloggers?
- What is your favourite way to spend a free afternoon?
- Can you share two or three of your favourite posts, either from your own blog or from a blog you like?
- What destination is top of your wish list?
- What’s your favourite season of the year and why?
8. If you had to pick one country or place to stay in for the rest of your life, which would you choose and why?
- Give a tried and tested travel tip?
- What can we watch out for on your blog in the next few months?
I’m looking forward to reading your answers! 🙂